About the Bicentennial
The University of Cincinnati traces its origins to the founding in 1819 of Cincinnati College and The Medical College of Ohio (the forerunner to today’s UC College of Medicine). January 2019 will mark the 200th anniversary of the signing of the charters for both forerunners to today’s University of Cincinnati.
The mission of the UC Bicentennial is to partner and collaborate through a yearlong celebration of activities and programs to amplify and support the strategic direction of the University of Cincinnati.
The vision of the Bicentennial is to be the pivotal moment that boldly propels the university toward our next 200 years of innovation and achievement
Honor the Past: Shine a spotlight on the history, spirit, voices and connections that have propelled UC to this historic milestone.
Elevate the Present: Empower our constituents, near and far, to celebrate and promote UC’s legacy, impact and “best-is-yet-to-come” future.
Bend the Future: Inspire everyone who encounters UC to strive for a culture of excellence and action – to learn more, to be more, to do more.
The University would like to thank those listed below for their passion for the University of Cincinnati and dedication to the Bicentennial.
Bicentennial Committee Chairs
- Jennifer Heisey - Executive Director, UC Alumni Association; Vice President for Alumni Relations
- Kelly Weissmann - Senior Director
- Sydney Davis - Associate Director of Events
- Kelly Grant - Executive Assistant
- Kristi Lee - Director of Project Management
- Danute Miskinis - Director of Programs and Community Outreach